If you have any questions about voting, registration, mail-in ballots, or polling locations, please feel free to email us. We will do our best to help you find the information you need to vote in the Primary and General Elections and have your voice counted!
To register in New Jersey you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, and understand that you may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election.
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
- The registrant must complete a Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form. Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form to:
SOMERSET COUNTY COMMISSIONER OF REGISTRATION
20 GROVE STREET
SOMERVILLE, NJ 08876-9897
NJ VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS:
NJ PARTY AFFILIATION FORMS:
VOTE BY MAIL APPLICATION
Registered voters should print, complete the form, and mail to County Clerk no later than 7 days before Election Day. However, please allow time for the county to mail their ballot out, and for the voter to return it by Election Day.
If you have any questions about Voter Registration, you may contact:
Somerset County Commissioner of Registration
Jerry L. Midgette, Esq., Administrator
20 Grove Street
P.O. Box 3000
Somerville, NJ 08876-9977
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm
Need to change your party affiliation?
Make Your Vote Count!
FILL OUT YOUR BALLOT
- Use pencil or blue or black ink.
- Fill in the oval to the right of your choice.
- To make a write-in choice, fill in the oval and clearly print the name of the candidate.
INSERT INTO THE CERTIFICATION ENVELOPE
- Place the ballot in this envelope and seal it.
- Complete and sign the Certificate of Mail-In Voter.
- Do not detach it from the envelope.
- If someone assists you in completing your ballot, they must complete the bottom portion.
Candidates cannot be assistors.
INSERT INTO THE RETURN ENVELOPE
- Place the certification envelope in the postage-paid return envelope.
- Take a photo or write down your Voter ID number so you can track your ballot here.
- If someone mails or delivers your ballot for you, they must complete the Bearer Portion in front of you before the ballot leaves your possession.
- Candidates may not serve as bearers.
A person may serve as bearer for up to 3 voters.
RETURN YOUR BALLOT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- Deposit your ballot in the secure Drop Box located at the Parks & Rec. entrance in the Bernards Township Municipal Building at 1 Collyer Lane. Open 24/7.
- NOTE: Unlike the 2020 election, polling locations no longer accept mail in ballots so please mail it or deposit in the secure Drop Box.
Bernards Township Polling Locations for 2021
PLEASE NOTE: As of June 4, 2021 there has been a change for Districts 11, 15 & 19.
OLD LOCATION: Spring Ridge Clubhouse @ 150 Spring Valley Blvd
NEW LOCATION: Millington Baptist Church @520 King George Rd., Basking Ridge
Your Vote Is Secure!
Take a look at what happens once you turn in your ballot to ensure your vote is secure.
Before you return your ballot, take a photo or write down your voter ID. Then, track your ballot here to ensure it was received.