If you have any questions about voting, registration, mail-in ballots, or polling locations, please feel free to email us. We will do our best to help you find the information you need to vote in the Primary and General Elections and have your voice counted!
To register in New Jersey you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, and understand that you may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election.
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
- The registrant must complete a Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form. Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form to:
SOMERSET COUNTY COMMISSIONER OF REGISTRATION
20 GROVE STREET
SOMERVILLE, NJ 08876-9897
NJ VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS:
NJ PARTY AFFILIATION FORMS:
If you have any questions about Voter Registration, you may contact:
Somerset County Commissioner of Registration
Jerry L. Midgette, Esq., Administrator
20 Grove Street
P.O. Box 3000
Somerville, NJ 08876-9977
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm
Your Vote Is Secure!
Take a look at what happens once you turn in your ballot to ensure your vote is secure.
Make Your Vote Count!
FILL OUT YOUR BALLOT
- Use pencil or blue or black ink.
- Fill in the oval to the right of your choice.
- To make a write-in choice, fill in the oval and clearly print the name of the candidate.
INSERT INTO THE CERTIFICATION ENVELOPE
- Place the ballot in this envelope and seal it.
- Complete and sign the Certificate of Mail-In Voter.
- Do not detach it from the envelope.
- If someone assists you in completing your ballot, they must complete the bottom portion.
Candidates cannot be assistors.
INSERT INTO THE RETURN ENVELOPE
- Place the certification envelope in the postage-paid return envelope.
- Take a photo or write down your Voter ID number so you can track your ballot here.
- If someone mails or delivers your ballot for you, they must complete the Bearer Portion in front of you before the ballot leaves your possession.
- Candidates may not serve as bearers.
A person may serve as bearer for up to 3 voters.
RETURN YOUR BALLOT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- Deposit your ballot in the secure Drop Box located at the Parks & Rec. entrance in the Bernards Township Municipal Building at 1 Collyer Lane. Open 24/7.
- OR Deliver your ballot to any polling location on Election Day, November 3rd. If delivered in person, you or your bearer must present ID when surrendering the ballot. Note there will only be TWO POLLING LOCATIONS open in Basking Ridge:
Bernards Township Community Center Garage, 289 South Maple Avenue, Basking Ridge (Districts 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 17)
Fellowship Deaconry, 3575 Valley Rd, Basking Ridge (Districts 4, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18-24)
- OR If you choose to mail your ballot, please return it as soon as you receive it to ensure it arrives on time.